This weekend, you may consider preparing your home and devising a plan in the event Hurricane Danny makes landfall in Central Florida.
For more information, please contact the Seminole County Office of Emergency Management at 407-665-5102.
Here are a few steps to make sure you’re ready:
- Trim trees and shrubbery, make sure any weak or dead limbs are removed.
- Clear loose and clogged rain gutters and downspouts.
- Prepare to evacuate if you live in a flood zone. Floods are the #1 natural disaster in the USA.
- Persons with medical needs should register with the Office of Emergency Management if planning to go to a Special Needs shelter, or call 407-665-5102.
- Make a list all medications and medical information.
- Review insurance policies, take photos of your home, and make household inventory (include receipts, serial numbers, and purchase dates). Place these papers in a water proof container.
- Restock your Family Emergency Disaster Kit, and view FEMA’s checklist here.
- Purchase electric weather radio with a battery back-up, or a portable radio.
- Consider signing up for one of the electronic text notification systems provided by Nextdoor, or the Office of Emergency Management.